Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

2-year old girl in coma after being struck by an electric shock at an ATM

A two-year-old girl is fighting for her life at an intensive care unit of a hospital in Trang province after she was struck by an electric surge at an automatic telling machine of the Siam Commercial Bank.

dangerous ATMThe girls’s mother, 39-year old Mrs Sukalaya Nupinit, said that she was told by a doctor at the hospital to be prepared for the worst as her daughter had only 40 percent chance of survival because a brainstem had stopped functioning.

The victim has been living with the help of life-supporting machine in the hospital since she was admitted to the hospital August 7 when she was struck by the electric surge from an ATM where her father took her to withdraw some cash.

Mrs Sukalaya said electricity was leaked to the machine for several days and the problem was not fixed until several people were given electric shocks, including her two-year old daughter.

Siam Commercial Bank’s regional manager, Mr Prasarn Lohajarikul, said in a statement issued to the media that the bank felt very sorry for the incident and promised to provide full support to the victim’s family.

As for the ATM in question, bank officials and police had examined the machine to find out the problem and source of power leakage. The machine was also put out of service pending the investigation.

Thai PBS



If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login