Australian Embassy Vacancy – Honorary Consul Samui
AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY BANGKOK
Australia’s Honorary Consul (Koh Samui)
The Australian Embassy Bangkok invites applications for the position of Australia’s Honorary Consul, based in Koh Samui, with consular responsibility throughout Surat Thani Province.
On behalf of the Australian Embassy, Bangkok, the Honorary Consul will:
- Provide consular assistance to Australians in relation to welfare, whereabouts, arrest, imprisonment, repatriation, hospitalisation, evacuation or death,
- Provide passport services to Australians, and;
- Provide other services as set out in the selection criteria.
Applicants for this position:
- Should be an Australian citizen, although non-Australians who meet all other selection criteria will be considered;
- Should be a long term resident of Koh Samui and intend to reside in Koh Samui for at least a further two years;
- Should have good interpersonal skills, good judgement and a strong ability to deal sensitively with Australian citizens in need and to handle personal information with care and discretion.
- Should have sufficient time to perform the functions listed above and in the selection criteria.
- Should have a good standing in, access to and influence with the political, bureaucratic, commercial and media community.
- Should possess office accommodation of an appropriate standard and location for the representation of Australia’s interests with English-speaking support staff.
- Be of independent means so that the applicant is not financially dependent on the honorarium and allowance for incidental expenses provided by the Australian Government;
- Should meet the other criteria specified in the selection criteria.
Further details of this position including the selection criteria and instructions on how to apply are available at www.thailand.embassy.gov.au under ‘About Us’ and ‘Job Vacancies’.
Applications close at 4.30 PM, Friday, 15 May 2015.
Applications should address the selection criteria for their application to be considered and
only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.