Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
At 10am this morning a fire broke out in the French Bakery in Bangrak. The owner of the Nadimos Lebanese Restaurant at the Prana Beach Villas resort arrived at work to see smoke coming out of the building across the road and rushed over with his fire extinguisher to see if he could help, but very quickly realized the fire had taken hold. The owner of Frenchy’s restaurant next door to the bakery told our reporter that he was talking to customers when the security guard from Prana ran over and alerted him to the smoke that was coming from next door.
The fire brigade were called and arrived on the scene to quell the flames. It is not certain what started the fire but an eye witness told our Samui Times reporter “I think there may have been something left in the oven, as the fire seemed to start in the kitchen”. During the fire huge clouds of smoke could be seen from quite a distance from the building.
It is believe that nobody was in the building when the fire broke out and so far there have been no reports of any injuries. At 11-30am the fire was out, however three fire engines and over a dozen fire fighters were still on site to ensure the heat from the building did not cause the fire to reignite, they could also been seen hosing down the Frenchy’s Restaurant next door.