Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Two Burmese workers accused of raping a 4 year old girl have been released without charge in Koh Samui. A medical examination and testimony of the alleged victim cleared the two men who were falsely accused of assaulting the young girl by an angry mob who gathered outside a Koh Samui police station. The alleged incident took place on Saturday when the four year old daughter of a Chaweng walking street vendor vanished at about 7pm. When she turned up again at 9.30pm her parents says she told them she was assaulted by a Burmese worker. The girl’s parents filed a complaint with the police and young girl, who was taken to Koh Samui hospital where she told the police during an interview that she was not sexually assaulted and that the red marks found on her leg and genitals had been caused by a fight with a young boy. Doctors could find no evidence of any sexual assault. According to the police the girl’s parents who were present during the interview dropped their complaint. However the two Burmese men, 29 and 34, were summoned to the police station once again on Monday morning after several dozen people protested at the police station claiming that one of the men had fled. The accused men denied any involvement in the incident and told officers they had been working at the market on Saturday night when the girl had disappeared but had no knowledge of where she had been. Lt. Col. Jaru Phetpan said that although the unfounded rumors and accusations had damaged the reputation of the two men accused neither man planned to take any action against their accusers.
Photo credit – Khaosod