Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Sanook reported that a seven year old girl sleeping in a house in Nong Lao sub-district of Ubon Ratchathani had been bitten by a cobra in bed.
She said she had been bitten. He looked for something to put on her hand but quickly realized that this was no relatively minor matter such as a scorpion or centipede sting.
So he took a better look under in the bedroom and underneath the blanket he saw a meter long snake that he called a “white cobra”.
He got a stick and beat it to death then took Ing Ing and the snake to the local hospital. She was then transferred to a bigger hospital.
She was given antivenin.
Pictures of the hand wound were shown by Sanook.
The little child was in a great deal of pain at the site of the wound.
Watcharin said they had left the door of the house open. He warned people to be careful in the rainy season as venomous creatures are liable to seek refuge in people’s houses.