Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Dee Dairo is a personal trainer from the UK who has been living in Koh Samui for the last 9 years. He has helped many of the island residents get into shape and runs regular boot camps throughout the year.
Today Dee is sharing some tips what to eat to get rid of belly fat.
8 Common Foods that Burn Tummy Fat
Other than exercising, eating the right food at the right time is the key to a flat tummy. So, include those foods in your diet that are rich in proteins, help reduce water retention and speed up your metabolism. They will not only give you a flat abdomen, but will also improve your digestion. Here is list of a few food items you must include in your diet to get a flat stomach
1. Tomatoes Tomatoes are one the best foods to get rid of fat around your belly. They not only taste good, but are packed with antioxidants, too. Tomatoes reduce water retention in the body, and also help in the production of leptin (a type of protein), which is responsible for regulating your appetite as well as your metabolism.
2. Watermelons A watermelon contains almost 91 per cent of water. This makes it a great low-calorie option. Watermelon helps in removal of excess fluids from the body. It is these fuids which cause excess belly fat. The only remedy to cure water retention in the body is to increase fluid intake in your diet. And, this fruit is one of the the richest sources of water.
3. Papaya Papaya is one the best fruits for digestion. It contains papain (an enzyme), which helps to break down food faster, flattens your belly and reduces bloating.
4. Mushrooms Mushrooms prevent us from snacking throughout the day. They leave you satisfied for a longer time, thus curbing your appetite. Other than this, the dietary fibre in mushrooms promotes good bowel movement.
5. Olive Oil Many people harbour the misconception that fats should be completely avoided when you are trying to lose some extra pounds. But, olive oil contains a chemical called oleic acid, which breaks down excessive fat in the body. Also, monounsaturated fats found in olive oil help in controlling your blood sugar levels.
6. Almonds A research conducted by University of Purdue has found that though almonds are rich in calories, they do not contribute to belly fat. They contain vitamin E, which is good for your skin. Also, they are high in fibre and protein content. As proteins are filling, they contribute in killing your untimely hunger pangs. And, fibre rich diet improves the digestion process, leading to a flat stomach
7. Bananas When you talk about weight loss, most people would suggest you to avoid bananas as they are fattening. But, here is a twist. Bananas contain high levels of potassium that helps to reduce water retention in the body. They are also rich in fibre, which keeps you satiated for a longer time, thus curbing your cravings.
8. Oats Eating oats is one of the best ways to kick start your day. Oats are not only filling, but they also provide your body with energy that is released slowly throughout the day. They make you feel full, contain very few calories, and lower your cholesterol too. Eat these fat reducing foods and you will have a flatter stomach in a matter of weeks.
You can read more about Dee by clicking here Meet Dee Dairo