Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Doctor’s warning! Watch out for poisonous mushrooms as rainy season comes

The Thai public have been warned about consuming toxic mushrooms after a man died in an Amnat Charoen hospital.

The 58 year old had consumed mushrooms and suffered liver and kidney failure before a heart attack. His diabetic condition and high blood pressure contributed to his death last Thursday.

Dr Napphaporn Kiatdamrong told Sanook that the hospital usually had about 16-20 mushroom poisoning cases per year but this was the first death.

She warned the public to be very careful especially collecting their own mushrooms that were in abundance during the rainy season.

People should be absolutely sure of the variety they were eating – many highly toxic mushrooms closely resemble edible ones, she said.

On this occasion the culprit seems to have been mushrooms from the genus Amanita that contains both edible varieties and some of the most poisonous on the planet.

Sanook

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login