Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Dozens of tourists treated for smoke inhalation as fire hits downtown Chiang Mai hotel

More than 100 tourists were evacuated from The Park Hotel in Chang Klan Road, Muang Chiang Mai last night as a fire believed to have emanated from the kitchen caused smoke to sweep through the premises.

When fire crews, police and medics arrived around 8.50pm they found a hundred tourists already evacuated but there were fears more were still in their rooms.

A room to room search was mounted.

Soon the evacuation was complete and all were accounted for without death or injury.

However dozens suffered from smoke inhalation and were in shock. Oxygen was given at the scene before all guests were transported on coaches to other hotels.

Phisit Tankun, the head of the kitchen staff, said that smoke started coming out of an extractor vent after a chef was preparing stir fried broccoli for guests in the restaurant.

They could see flame and sparks inside the bent and it soon became clear that they could not contain the situation themselves and needed to call the fire brigade, reported Daily News.

An investigation is underway though it is believed that fat residue in the extractor fan vent may have ignited causing the smoke to billow through the hotel.

Thai VisaDaily News

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login