Feeling hot? the Cove Cooler could be just the solution you are looking for
The Cove Cooler
Now that the hot season has arrived I thought I’d share an idea that I had some time ago re watching TV comfortably in a room that doesn’t have aircon. My solution is as follows:
- I purchased a small plastic 5 litre bowl from Tesco, along with one that was slightly bigger & full of holes that would fit into the former when stacked-See photo.
- My wife retains 1 litre ice cream containers for general use around the house. Fill two or more of them with tap water to around 5mm short of full to allow for expansion & add a little salt before freezing overnight.
- When required fit the bowls together & place 1 litre of ice on top. Place everything behind whatever fan you use at your favoured chair & allow cold air to be drawn through.
- With luck you’ll remain cool enough to stay there for at least 2 hrs before the ice needs to be replaced!
- Photo: This example shows my set up on the floor using a harrier jump jet engine <Big Fan!> & a rack from a convection oven to elevate the ice into the optimum position. Standing the ice etc on a chair or coffee table using a normal fan on ‘breeze’ is equally affective & lasts longer. The ice completely melts after 4-5hrs.