Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Fire breaks out at a school in Chaweng

On September 4th at 9-45am a fire broke out at the Baan Had Nahm school in Chaweng. The fire alarm was raised, and four fire control units Fire at the schoolarrived on the scene to find hundreds of children and adults fleeing the building. Plumes of could be seen pouring from a two story wooden building behind the school before the fire spread to adjacent buildings used for grade 6.

Within 20 minutes the blaze was brought under control and there were no reported injuries. According to a television report a 13 year old student saw the fire coming from the rear of the building and raised the alarm. It is thought the fire started due to an electrical short circuit. The building is reportedly insured for 300,000 baht although and a fire investigation will need to take place before any insurance claims can be awarded.

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login