Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


French boy dies after being stung by a box jellyfish in Koh Phangan

On Monday district chief Kasidet Thongchu asked local administrative authorities and beach side hotels In Koh PHangan to post warning signs after a French boy died on Saturday after being stung by a box jellyfish as well as posting first aid information on how to deal with jellyfish stings.

box jellyfishThe five year old boy was swimming at a Khuad beach resort when he was stung after becoming entangled in the box jellyfish’s tentacles that were around 20 centimeters long. Fully grown box jellyfish are some of the most poisonous animals on earth and can reach up to three meters in length.

The Provincial public health officer, Dr Yongyos Thammawut said that the boy went into shock from the stings from the poisonous tentacles of the box jelly fish, his parents along with a tour guide rushed him to the Koh Phangan hospital but he succumbed to the venom and died en-route.

Box Jellyfish can be found seasonally off the beaches of Koh Phi Phi and Koh Lanta as well as Nam Bor Bay in Phuket Province, as well as Chaam beach in Phetchaburi province and off the coast of Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Samui in Surat Thani province.

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login