Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


French businessman electrocuted in Pattaya

A French resident in Pattaya was electrocuted and killed while he was trying to fix a water pump in his house Thursday night, police said.
Pol Lt Col Techid Kulkanit, an officer on duty of Nongplua police station in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district, was informed of the accident at 10 pm. Techind was told that a foreigner was accidentally killed by an electrical short-circuit inside a house of the European-Thai House housing estate in Tambon Nongplua in the district.
Techid rushed to the scene with a doctor on duty and officials of the Sawang Boribun Thammasathan Pattaya Foundation.
They found the body of Francois Marie Michel Poncet, 44, in the one-storey twin house lying on his back inside the water pump room. His left hand was burned by the short-circuit.
His Laotian wife, Kilame Souvannaphaphasy, 27 who is pregnant, was sitting and crying beside the body when the officials arrived at the scene.
Poncet owned the Port South Corporation which runs tourism business in Pattaya.
The wife told police that her husband was about to take shower when he found that there was no water so he went to check the water pump.
The wife said when Poncet did not return into the house after a while, she went out to check and found that he was lying unconscious in the pump room. She called for help from a neighbor who found that her husband had already died.
The body was sent for an autopsy at the Bang Lamung Hospital.
Thai Visa
thai visa

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login