Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


“Gardening loving Brit” electrocuted while mowing the lawn in Khon Kaen

A British pensioner was electrocuted while trying to mow his back lawn at his house in Chumpae, Khon Kaen yesterday.

Seventy six year old Anthony Stratton was found dressed only in white shorts by an electric mower.

The body was found by his wife Saengdao, 41, who had been out for the day.

She returned from her shop at 5pm and called the cops.

The police arrived at house number 160 in Moo 14 of Ban Non Samran to find a large number of neighbors discussing what had happened.

The mower was connected to an extension cord from the mains in the house. There was signs of damage to the extension cord plug.

There were signs of swelling on the victim’s face and a burn mark on his left thumb. There were no signs of a struggle.

Police suspect that Mr Stratton was having problems starting his mower and went to examine the connection. They said he might have forgotten that it was plugged in at the mains. They believe he was electrocuted.

Saengdao said they had lived together at the house for ten years. In tears she described her husband as a hard working man who loved gardening.

He was home alone at the time.

The body was sent for autopsy to hospital in Khon Kaen.

Sanook

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login