Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Workers scoured the viewpoint at Khao Rang (Rang Hill) over looking Phuket Town yesterday (June 22) to make sure the tourist hotspot was safe after a 10-year-old girl was hospitalised for electric shock on Sunday.
“I was taking a picture of my family when my daughter placed her hand on the safety rail. She went into a convulsion and collapsed,” he said.
“We had no idea what had happened. We couldn’t find a pulse and rushed her to Vachira Phuket Hospital.”
His daughter is now fine, but still under observation, he added.
City workers were notified and quickly went to the scene, where they soon identified the source of the electric shock as a loose power supply connection at the base of a lamp beside the safety rail. The power wires were encased in an electrical box that had been recently damaged.
“Maybe someone kicked the base and damaged the electrical box at the base of the lamppost,” one official said.
The workers returned yesterday to check all other power connections at the site, and to fully seal the lamp connector box.
Santi Pawai, the director of the Phuket office of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, visited the girl in hospital yesterday, before joining the officials inspecting the viewpoint.