Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Horrifying footage as woman felled by 22,000 volt wire outside Thai market

Horrifying CCTV footage from the north east of Thailand showed the moment a woman was electrocuted by a 22,000 volt electrical wire outside a fresh food market.

She survived but has racked up a million baht in hospital bills since the incident.

Malinee was with a child who was uninjured and was about to get on a motorcycle. 

An initial flash and noise can be seen before Malinee is felled in what resembles a lightning bolt. 

Motorcycle taxi guys rush to her aid as another flash erupts. They were called heroes in the Thai media. 

The incident happened outside the Sikhio market in Nakhon Ratchasima on September 3rd earlier this year.

It only came to light on Tuesday when the husband of the victim posted on Facebook to appeal for help in getting her hospital bills paid and proper compensation. He asked for a lawyer, too.

He had accused the north eastern electrical authorities of foot dragging after his wife racked up bills of 970,000 baht in hospital. 

She is now home and is slowly on the mend but still needs regular dressing changes at hospital and physiotherapy. She experiences pain from her injuries and has difficulty walking. 

A director of the relevant electrical authority area called Natthawat denied that they had not taken responsibility. He said that a payment of one million baht has been agreed to cover her medical costs. 

And further discussions are underway regarding other compensation.

Sanook reported that the authority had been to the area to rectify the problem.  

Sanook

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login