Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
A 52 year old man died in Pathum Thani after going into shock following a meal of Som Tam (Papaya Salad) and chicken.
Noi Bunfak had just finished some renovations to his elder sister’s shop in Soi Thammasuthee in Muang district when his wife Yupha suggested they go home, reported Thai Rath.
But Noi, from Thai Koh, Sam Khok, was hungry and sent his wife off to buy some noodles.
She couldn’t find any for sale so Noi ordered a fiery hot plate of Som Tam with crabs and fermented fish that he consumed on her return.
However, he then went into shock and started gagging. His sister Bunnam Khowin, 54, gave his some whacks on his back and some strands of papaya flew out but the man then slumped to the ground and could not be revived.
Police who attended the scene found strips of papaya on the dead man’s shoes but no other signs of injury.
The body was sent for autopsy.
The victim was known to suffer from a heart condition but police are not sure whether it was that or his final meal, or a combination of both, that led to his death.