Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Letter to the editor, gardener comes perilously close to electrocution

Dear Samuitimes,

                               Having seen several recent stories highlighting the dangers of electricity I thought I should write up something that I saw a few days ago while waiting for my wife opposite Chaweng post office. A uniformed man @ the nearby Islamic bank appeared with a hose and proceeded to water the hedge outside the bank. I noticed a telegraph pole nearby and assumed he’d give it a wide berth, but to my surprise he carried on regardless and at one point held on to some railings with his right hand while dowsing the hedge with his left. I was too slow to catch him on camera in the act but a snap of the scene a few seconds later shows that the water came within 2 inches/50mm of the box housing the electricity meters on the pole, which is less than the width of a black armband that his colleagues might have needed if the pole had been live.

                             A Partridge

gardener waters electic pole 1

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login