Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Man electrocuted for the sake of a few hundred baht

A Prachinburi man was electrocuted when he tried to retrieve a reward from a balloon that had got stuck on some high voltage wires in Kabinburi.

Natawut Panompha, 20, had seen the piece of cloth advertising that had floated onto the wires. He had heard earlier that a foundation had released the balloon for someone to find and claim money attached to it.

The words on the cloth promised that in a small pouch attached to the advertising would be 9,999 baht.

He even hired a vehicle for 2,000 baht to help him retrieve the cash from the dangerous wires.

But as he was leaning out to claim his reward he was electrocuted and fell to the ground.

Kabinburi cops found him barely alive and he was given CPR to no avail.

Kabinburi electrical authorities then arrived and successfully retrieved the cloth and the pouch – which was found not to contain 9,999 baht but just 825 baht.

Everybody at the scene agreed that the money should be given to the family of the victim for funeral expenses, reported Thai Rath.

Thai Visa /  Thai Rath

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login