Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Thai Channel 7 reported on the issue of too many foreign tourists that are visiting marine national parks and what should be done about it.
It was reported that 8 million foreign tourists and 900,000 Thais were visiting just 7 marine national parks alone in Phuket, Pangnga and Krabi each year.
Much of the damage occurred due to too many boats mooring in one location at one time, an inability to cope with waste water and ignorance of the tourists in understanding environmental protection matters.
A meeting suggested the following short and long term measures:
* An E-ticket system of advance booking so that visits could be spread out
* A ban on visits to just one place – visits should be spread out to several islands and beaches so that all could take the strain
* Better daily scheduling of visits to places so that overcrowding is limited
* Operators and guides should train the tourists in appropriate behavior when down at the beach or snorkeling
* Closure of certain areas at certain times of the year to help the environment recover.
Channel 7 said that their “Green Report” would be an ongoing campaign.