Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Maths teacher burns down the neighborhood after trying faulty fan

A former maths teacher at a top Bangkok school burnt down his house and several of his neighbor’s properties after trying out a faulty fan that shorted.

fire damageChanin Angsuwothai, 63, was going to bed on the second floor of his townhouse in Samrong and plugged in the fan to see if it would come to life. It did in a hail of sparks, reported Thairath. He ran out of his house to seek help from neighbors but it was too late.

The fire quickly took hold and destroyed his property and the one next door and caused serious damage to three others. Ten fire engines took one hour to bring the blaze under control. It happened in Soi Patanasuk off the Theparak Road south east of Bangkok in the early hours of this morning, Wednesday.

Several pet dogs and cats were saved in one of the properties while others are missing, believed to have fled the scene. No people were injured.

Chanin was a maths teacher at Assumption School Bang Rak before he retired. He told police that he had plugged the fan in to see if it would work but that it had shorted and he had run out of the house to seek help.

Thai VisaThairath

thai visa

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login