Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Myanmar woman suspected to have been electrocuted to death while cleaning

A 31-year-old Myanmar national who was found dead on a wet floor is thought to have perished from electrocution, police said.

dead burmese girlAt 5.30pm yesterday (June 20) Chalong police were alerted about an electrocution death at a migrant workers’ accommodations in Soi Wat Luang Pu Supha lane of Chao Fa West Rd in Chalong’s Moo 6.

Police arrived to the scene, a one story building that served as a workers accommodations with a general store, where they found the body of a woman named as Ms Myint, 31, who was laying on her back lifeless, wearing a blue blouse, and flower shorts.

Her skin was described as a pale green colour and she wasn’t wearing any shoes. Near her body, there was a pair of flip flops that appeared to have been tossed there.

Inside the shop there were several coolers, and the entire floor was wet as if someone had been cleaning. Police questioned neighbors who affirmed that the victim had been seen mopping the floor before they heard a loud screaming sound and rushed to see what happened.

Neighbors said they found the victim lying facedown in front of one of the coolers and then called for help from other neighbours, but it was too late – she was dead.

From this initial questioning, police are convinced that the victim had died of electrocution, most likely when she touched the freezer while standing in water.

Nonetheless, the body has been sent to Vachira Phuket hospital for examination to confirm the cause of death.

Phuket News

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login