Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


NRSA proposes new formula for police reshuffle

Seniority, resourcefulness and behavior will be the main qualification in determining the promotions of police officers in the future under a police reform proposal worked out by National Reform Steering Committee for legal and justice affairs.

police reshuffleMr Kamoon Sitthisamarn, a member of the National Reform Steering Assembly, said that the proposal, called the 70:30 formula, would provide a solution to the annual police reshuffle list which has been subjected to widespread criticism every year.

He pointed out that the regulations regarding police reshuffle have loopholes opening room for political interference in the annual police reshuffle or for police superiors to use their discretion in the promotions of police officers bypassing seniority and other qualifications.

Clarifying the 70:30 formula, Mr Kamnoon said that 70 percent of police promotions in the future would be based on the three-element qualification namely seniority, resourcefulness and behavior. For the remaining 30 percent, seniority can be bypassed but with the consent of the Police Commission, he added.

As for resourcefulness and behavior, the lawmaker said that if a police officer faces disciplinary probe, his seniority will be cut down by one year.

Regarding the promotion of police officers with the rank of a commissioner, he said promotion will be determined by the three elements of seniority, resourcefulness and conduct.

Thai PBS

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login