Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


People urged to wait for official statement regarding Monday incident

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha insisted that the government did not try to conceal information from the public regarding the incident on Monday night.

Gen Prayut said even though the situation in the country remains calm, there are a few ill-intentioned individuals waiting to instigate chaos. The premier also urged people to look out for each other and report to the authorities if they see anything unusual.

Defense Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan said people should wait for an official statement from the police to learn what really happened in front of the National Theatre.

He added all governmental agencies nationwide had been instructed to monitor all CCTV cameras to ensure public safety as there may be a group of people trying to cause a disturbance in an attempt to discredit the government.

While the investigation is still underway, the Office of Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has set up more security checkpoints around Sanam Luang. More surveillance cameras have also been installed in risk-prone streets and in places within the 2-kilometer radius of Sanam Luang.

NNT

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login