Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
World Bungy Jump in Patong, where 25-year-old Kuwaiti Abdullah Adel Kadhbahman was seriously injured and later died after a jump there last month, has been demolished and will not re-open.
Following the fatal plunge from which Mr Kadhbahman died from his injuries, Patong Municipality ordered the facility to close until safety standards had been reached and a permit to operate had been issued. (See story here.)
The venue was previously operating without a permit.
However, contrary to other media reports which state that Patong Municipality ordered the owner of the site to demolish the jump, it was actually the owner’s decision to do so, confirmed Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup.
“I had only ordered the owner to close until safety standards had been met and the business was legally registered. However, the owner took it upon himself to completely close down the business and demolish it,” she told The Phuket News.
“I can confirm that the jump was completely demolished on Monday (June 22) as I can actually see the site from the window of my office,” she added.
Meanwhile, The Phuket News contacted Pol Maj Teerasak Boonsaeng who is in charge of the investigation into Mr Kadhmbadman’s death for an update on the charges to be pressed against World Bungy Jump owner, Weenas Janwibolkul.
“I have not yet received the forensic report from the Office of Forensic Science in Bangkok, so I am unable to comment any further on this issue at this time,” he said