Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Poison mushroom alert in Tak after three Myanmar migrants die

Local residents in the northern province of Tak have been warned to avoid poisonous wild mushrooms after three Myanmar workers died after eating them.

On Friday, Mae Sot Hospital director Somyos Krinthathan led hospital officials to alert the public about the danger of consuming wild mushrooms.

Somyos said a lot of wild mushrooms had grown after the rainy season started.

He said three Myanmar workers collected and ate a type of wild mushroom that looked like eggs in Ban Thongchai village in Tambon Dan Mae Lamao recently and died.

Somyos and hospital officials have handed out pamphlets in Thai and Myanmar languages to advise them of the danger.

Somyos said people needed to be made aware of the danger urgently to prevent more deaths.

 The Nation

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login