Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
A professor has gone to the police after 40 dogs died from poisoning since the start of term at an educational institute in Chumphon in the south of Thailand.
Some were found writhing in agony with the pork balls still in their mouths.
Since the start of term 3-5 dogs a day have died at the Prajormklao Khunthaharn institute prompting professor of biology Dr Niphat Maneechot to file a complaint with Pathiw police.
The cops are now teaming up with animal authorities to investigate with a view to prosecuting the person or persons responsible under Thailand’s tough animal cruelty laws.
Dr Niphat said that the animals were never allowed inside the institute’s gate and that people and the dogs lived happily side by side.
Teachers and students cared for the animals, he said, with food and vaccinations. Females were even taken to vets to be spayed to limit numbers.
But now armed with the photo evidence of the dead creatures and testimony about the pork balls he has gone to the police.
Sanook did not report on what poison was being used to kill the dogs if indeed this was known.