Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
A mother has appealed for help to the Paweena Hongsakul foundation after her M3 son was locked in a room at his school and set alight by older pupils.
The school in Chainat tried to keep the matter quiet and two sets of parents have refused to honor a financial settlement to help the stricken teen.
Earth said that the incident happened near a dormitory when he was putting books away into a small storeroom at 4pm. Another pupil hit him over the head with his own book then locked him in the storeroom.
He then called to his friends to get mosquito spray that was sprayed into the tiny room. Earth pleaded with them as he was suffocating.
They ignored his pleas to release him. Instead they got a lighter and set fire to the vapor in the room. It exploded with a bang seriously burning Earth on both arms, his right leg and body.
Scared at what they had done the boys opened the door and extinguished the flames before getting teachers.
Earth was rushed to Chainat Hospital. His mother and relatives who went to the hospital were shocked by what Earth told them had happened.
The school had merely told them there had been an accident with fire.
The next day his mother Kotchaphan went to the school where a meeting was organised with the three sets of parents of the other students involved.
She was encouraged not to make a report with police and a settlement of 10,000 baht was reached for Earth’s hospital care.
But only one parent has paid 3,000 – the others said they had no money.
So Kotchaphan has gone to the Paweena Hongskul foundation that takes up cases involving children. She wants justice for her son.
Paweena has promised a full investigation by other relevant authorities and her organization and will visit Earth in hospital at 1 pm today.