Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Health authorities from South Eastern Sydney Local Health District have been investigating the case of four Australians who suffered from food poisoning on Feb 26th after eating tuna that had been imported from Thailand. The tuna salad was served at a the Soul Origin Café near Sydney’s Town Hall station.
Reports from Sky News Australia suggest that those affected showed signs of scombroid poisoning, a condition that occurs after consuming rotten fish. Symptoms include dizziness, nausea, skin rash and mouth tingling, authorizes say that these symptoms are similar to those experienced during an allergic reaction and are rarely fatal.
Heath authorities said that the fish may not have been stored properly, however the café insist that they have met with hygiene standards and have changed brands of fish since their customers fell ill.
Reports suggest that the New South Wales Food Authority have obtained samples of the food product and the samples have been taken for further testing. The product concerned has been identified as John Bull Tuna Chunky Style in Sunflower Oil, the expiry date on the tin was November 2017.
This minor brand catering product of Thailand was imported to Australia via a Victorian company and is not generally available to the public. The New South Wales Food Authority explained that the product was an “obscure foreign brand” and that the importer would be in touch with all of their clients.
The death of a Queensland mother and her daughter in 2014 was reportedly linked to scombroid poisoning, Noelene and Yvana Bishcoff died a few hours after they ate contaminated fish in a restaurant in Thailand.