Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone

Thai TV wanted to feature German after his BBQ chicken exploits: Big Oud gives more details

More details have emerged in the case of a German man who was praised on social media for helping his Thai wife barbecue chicken in Pak Chong. His helpful display led to him coming to the attention of the authorities and his arrest on an Interpol warrant for drugs. 

After Fernsebner Maximilian, 34, became a social media sensation many TV companies beat a path to his door wanting to feature him on national TV. 

But, knowing his past, he turned them all down, said acting immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong “Big Oud” Chingduang yesterday. 

Now it has also emerged how he managed to slip into Thailand and avoid detection for so long.

Sanook said there was a warrant out for his arrest for running a drugs business through the internet. In his past he also had arrests for theft, robbery, snatch theft and pedophilia. 

Lt-Gen Sompong said that Fernsebner came into Thailand in 2017. At the time Interpol had not yet informed the Thais of the arrest warrant in Germany. 

He was living with his wife in Ban Pong Prathun, Pak Chong, Nakorn Rathcasima trying to stay under the radar.

On finding out that there was an arrest warrant ready for him he traveled to the border at Nakorn Phanom and left Thailand. This was an effort to make it look like he had really left Thailand. 

But shortly after he paid a Laotian man to bring him over the border through a natural route and enter Thailand illegally without a stamp. 

He then resumed his low key existence in Pak Chong – until someone spread his face all over social media cooking up the chicken. 

Following this the German Embassy contacted the Thais to say that he was wanted on a warrant and the Thais went to his house but he got wise to their arrival and escaped into a swampy area.

While there he got in touch with his mother in Germany who contacted the German authorities. He wanted to give himself up but would only do it if staff from the German Embassy went to his house. 

When they turned up he gave himself up and was taken into custody. 

He had evaded capture in the water by breathing through a tube, said the immigration chief. 




If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login