Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
The authorities are finally acting after tourists in Krabi in the south of Thailand were repeatedly getting stung.
Daily News reported on a huge hornets nest above the Ao Nang footpath.
Three Chinese tourists have been taken to hospital so far after being stung along with many locals and the authorities are finally acting.
There are fears that if someone had an allergic reaction they could die.
The nest – 40 centimeters around and about 50 cm long – is four meters up a power pole.
It has steadily grown in size and when someone threw a rock at it the hornets just got madder and repaired their home enlarging it to the size today.
There are lots of restaurants and hotels in the immediate vicinity.
One restaurant owner Anuphat Chuayprasit, 37, said that the problem was particularly bad in the evening and three tourists and many nearby residents had been stung.
On Saturday pest control arrived and fired 50 mothballs into the nest with a catapult.
It is hoped that this will solve the problem that will be reviewed in the next few days.