Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Two Burmese crew die on fishing boat after eating puffer fish eggs

Police were called to the port in Khanom, Nakorn Sri Thammarat as a fishing trawler docked.

Onboard two men had died after eating eggs from a puffer fish. They were found deceased having foamed at the mouth following their meal.

A third man was rushed to hospital and is recovering from the poisonous fish.

Boat captain Wirat Sriwirat, 62, said he left port on a ten day fishing trip with five Burmese crew, reported Daily News.

On Thursday they caught a large puffer fish. Chit, 22, cut it up putting the meat in salt to dry.

Then he immediately prepared the eggs by frying them and called his two mates Tal, 29, and Sugree to have dinner.

Tal who had eaten the most died within 30 minutes. Chit the cook succumbed 3 hours later.

Sugree who had eaten the least was seriously ill but is expected to survive.

Wirat said he had warned the men not to eat puffer fish but they ignored his advice.

Thai Visa / Daily News

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login