Widgetized Section

Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone


Woman’s “near death experience” after centipede bite in Korat

A woman who was bitten by a large centipede – takhap in Thai – has warned people about the creatures during the rainy season. 

Sanook said that Lamun, 59, nearly died after suffering an allergic reaction to the creature that bit her on the leg while she was clearing undergrowth near her home. 

Villagers in Makha in Nong Rawiang sub-district of Muang, Nakorn Ratchasima rushed Lamun to hospital at Suranaree Fort after she started vomiting and suffered severe swelling. 

She warned people about being bitten by the creatures in the rainy season. 

Thaivisa notes that “takhap” bites are rarely fatal though they can be extremely painful. A person died from a bite a few weeks back but as with creatures such as bees it was probably as a result of an allergic reaction. 

 Sanook

Comments

comments

If you like a story please share and like it with all your friends and leave comments above.
Do you have an interesting story or Tip-Off for Samui Times then visit the TIP-OFF Page Here

You must be logged in to post a comment Login