Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
Some 130 workers at a Muang district factory in Chonburi ran for their lives after a chemical leak on Wednesday morning.
Clouds of a noxious substance were seen billowing into the sky from a storage tank.
Workpoint News said they believed the substance to be colorless but pungent nitric acid that would be dangerous if got on the skin or inhaled.
Many workers were treated for nausea and feeling faint at the scene and taken to hospital.
But there were no reports of death or injury.
The factory management said later Wednesday that the situation was under control.