A 12-year-old boy died and his friend injured after they inhaled gas from a camping gas canister bought from a supermarket in Nakhon Ratchasima province.
The unusual case of inhaling gas, later identified as butane, is a new thing for teenagers beside inhaling glue or other deodorants.
This first case of inhaling gas from butane can bought from Lotus Express Khamsakae-saeng branch was revealed by Dr Viraphol Wongpraphan, head of the Occupational Health and Environmental Disease Control Office at Nakhon Ratchasima Public Health Office.
The gas is harmful to heath same as cooking gas and cause brain damage if over inhaling, he said.
Inhaling butane is similar to other deodorants or glue as it makes one to become dizzy and misplaced like drug.
Another injured boy who was rushed to hospital unconsciously but was saved in time admitted that after buying the butane can from the supermarket, they sprayed the gas into plastic bags and then covered their heads with the bags to inhale.
But he said his friend inhale too much.
He said he learned of inhaling gas from senior friends.
He said he saw them inhaling this new thing three times in the past and none of them were hurt.
He added that he would never try the can gas again.
The boy was later discharged from hospital after recovering from the sickness.
Meanwhile local police said they would not pursue any legal case against anybody as there is no law to deal with both seller and buyer of the gas can.Facebook.
Koh Samui Weather (June 6)
One New Cases, 3 Recoveries – Covid-19 Update (June 5)
Tourism Ministry Wants To Spread Out Songkran Holiday Dates Over The Year
Thailand Developing Thermal Face Scanner
1 Thai, 2 Nigerians Arrested Over Social Media Scams
Durian To Get Odor-Free Packaging
Domestic Tourism Stimulus Measures To Be Decided By Next Week
UK Bans Casual Sex In New Lockdown Rules
America’s ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protests Reach Bangkok
Koh Samui Weather (June 5)
Frenchmen Use Holiday To Tackle Pollution On Remote Island
Bangkok Airways Waives Fees To Promote Travel
PM Says Only Allow Specific Countries Will be Allowed To Travel To Thailand, Once International Travel Ban Is Lifted
Samui Hotels May Join Chopping Block
20 Thai UK Returnees Have Covid-19 Symptoms
Bangkok Airways To Offer More Flights To Koh Samui
Bank Of Thailand Ready To Act Against Strengthening Thai Baht
MRT Passenger Mask Giveaway Project Starts Today
Bars, Entertainment Venues and Massage Parlours Next To Reopen
Songkran Slated For July If Relaxed Measures Go Smoothly
- Regional News2 months ago
Koh Samui. 7-Eleven and Family Mart close overnight.
- Koh Samui News2 months ago
Samui Covid-19 update
- Breaking News2 months ago
Koh Samui’s first Covid-19 case
- Breaking News3 months ago
One dead, two injured after bar shooting in Samui
- Events2 months ago
Koh Samui is going into full lockdown
- Thailand News2 months ago
Bangkok booze ban and postponed holidays
- Regional News2 months ago
National curfew starts today
- Thai Life2 months ago
Thailand’s government officials extend tourist visas