Connect with us

Thailand News

British woman in a coma after possible allergic reaction to something she ate in Pattaya

Samui Times Editor

Published

on

British woman in a coma after possible allergic reaction to something she ate in Pattaya | Samui Times
  • follow us in feedly

A 54 year old British is in a coma after suffering tonsillitis in Pattaya. Jen Clayton and her husband were on a two week vacation in Pattaya they decided to take after the tragic death of their 31 year old son who passed away after having an epileptic fit. The couple who had decided to live life to the full after the tragedy had planned to spend a week in Bangkok after visiting the seaside town. After complaining of a sore throat Mrs Clayton had been prescribed antibiotics, however her condition deteriorated. She was taken by ambulance to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital where she collapsed, suffered two seizures and her heart stopped, starving her brain of oxygen for 11 minutes. After being revived by medics she was transferred to ICU in Bangkok where she was placed in a medically induced coma. Doctors now believe her condition could have been caused by an allergic reaction to something she ate. The woman’s three sons are planning to fly out to be with their mother on Thursday. It is believed the woman has suffered substantial brain damage and will require a stent to be put in her heart. It is believed that she is now in a stable condition, however the outcome of the incident is yet to be known.

 

Stay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.

Trending