Connect with us

Thai Life

Chaiyaphum: Teen electrocuted while lying down charging her phone

Samui Times Editor

Published

on

Chaiyaphum: Teen electrocuted while lying down charging her phone | Samui Times
  • follow us in feedly

A mother in Chaiyaphum in Thailand’s north east was concerned when her 17 year old daughter did not come out of her bedroom to greet her when she returned home from work yesterday evening. 

Chaiyaphum: Teen electrocuted while lying down charging her phone | News by Samui Times

Fearing something was awry Bunpheng, 47, went to check up on her daughter who was in her room under the main part of the house, reported Thai Rath. 

She found her lying next to the bed and cradled her in her arms getting the tingling of an electric shock. She rushed to turn off the breaker. 

But “B” was already dead. 

The Muang district police and rescue services were called. They found the victim’s thumb and index finger burned and the teen’s phone still plugged in. 

It was attached to an extension cord that showed signs that it had been repaired; it was wrapped in lots of duct tape.

There were also signs of electrical burning on the metal legs of the bed.

Thai Visa / Thai Rath

Chaiyaphum: Teen electrocuted while lying down charging her phone | News by Samui Times
Stay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.

Trending