Connect with us

Thailand News

Ex-Army captain to face murder charge as body identified

Samui Times Editor



Ex-Army captain to face murder charge as body identified | Samui Times
  • follow us in feedly

SI SA KET police chief Pol Maj-General Suradech Dentham has instructed police to file two additional charges of premeditated murder and concealing a body against former Army captain Supachai Paso, 30, today in relation to the disappearance of Juthaporn Oun-on, 37, a Si Sa Ket-based local administration organisation official.

Ex-Army captain to face murder charge as body identified | News by Samui TimesSupachai was dismissed from the military after he was charged with illegal detention, stealing Juthaporn’s car, using fake documents and destroying another person’s documents leading to damages. He has denied all of the charges.

The announcement of new charges followed a confirmation by the morgue of Bangkok’s Police General Hospital that a human skull, bones and other items found last week near the 2305th paramilitary ranger base in Ubon Ratchathani’s Nam Yeun district belonged to Juthaporn, who had been missing since July 3.

Meanwhile, Juthaporn’s parents and relatives prepared to collect her remains from authorities yesterday and to host a religious rite for her funeral at Juthaporn’s home, which is still under construction in Tambon Sao Thong Chai in Kantharalak district.

Her elder sister, Maipong Oun-on, said the family trusted police to investigate the case and punish Supachai, whom the family has accused of being involved in Juthaporn’s disappearance and murder.

The human remains were found by relatives and officials in the “Emerald Triangle” forest area near the borders of Thailand, Laos and Cambodia in Nam Yeun district, which is adjacent to the Phu Jongnayoy National Park where her mobile phone signal was last detected.

Police have investigated possible motives for her disappearance, including a dispute over a debt and her relationship with Supachai, who was linked to the case following police’s discovery on August 8 of Juthaporn’s Toyota Vios, which had been sold three times in the interim, at an Ubon Ratchathani garage.

An inquiry into the sales and testimony that Juthaporn had told her friend she would collect a debt from an Ubon Ratchathani-based Army officer on the day she disappeared led to the questioning of Supachai.

The Nation

Stay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.