Connect with us

Thailand News

Labour tells Thai employers to register migrant workers by June 30

Samui Times Editor

Published

on

Labour tells Thai employers to register migrant workers by June 30 | Samui Times
  • follow us in feedly

The Ministry of Labour warned Thai employers who employ migrant workers to register their employments and have their workers’ nationalities varified by authorities by the end of this month as there would be no more extension of time for them.

Warning by Labour Minister Pol Gen Adul Sangsingkeo came as there are still four days for employers for registration of migrant workers and have nationality verification at the ministry’s OSS or One Stop Service centres.

Pol Gen Adul said as the OSS centres will open until end of this month for registration and nationality verification service, they still have four days to process.

Labour tells Thai employers to register migrant workers by June 30 | News by Samui TimesHe said so far he was told that there are still 7,930 workers whose nationalities have not yet been verified, plus 28,056 who have yet to apply for work permits and have their personal record registered before the OSS centres close end of this month.

He said the OSS centres will open until midnight on June 30, and urged all Thai employers to quickly accomplish the process for their workers.

No further extension would be sought from the government after the June 30 deadline, he affirmed.

According to the ministry, 1,320,035 migrant workers were required to report at OSS centres to have their personal records registered and their natiionalities verified.

By end of March 31, 961,946 migrant workers reported to OSS centres, prompting the ministry to extend the deadline until June 30.

By June 25, 1,160,702 workers or 97.64 % reported with the remaining 28,056 workers or 2.36 % still not yet reported.

Besides 7,930 workers are not yet verified, comprising 7,365 Cambodians, and 565 Laotians.

Unregistered migrant worker is subject to a fine of 5,000-50,000 baht, and sent back homes after paying the fine, and is it allowed to re-enter the country for two years.

Thai employer is subject to 10,000-100,000 baht fine for a migrant worker employed, and to one year jail sentence for repeated enjoyment and/or 50,000-200,000 baht fine, and a 3-year ban for employing migrant workers.

Thai PBS

Stay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.

Trending