Connect with us

Koh Samui News

Teenagers Gang Fight in Chaweng – One Dead, One Injured

Samui Times Editor



Teenagers Gang Fight in Chaweng – One Dead, One Injured | Samui Times
  • follow us in feedly

At 5 a.m. on March 22, Pol.Lt. Yossakorn Thongnoon, the Samui District Police Station’s case officer, after being informed of a murder in the parking lot of a famous pub in Chaweng, went to investigate the crime scene with Pol.Col. Thavej Pleumsood, Pol.Col. Chaiyan Bandit, Pol.Lt.Col. Denduang Thongsrisook, Pol.Lt.Col. Apichat Chansamred, Samui Hospital medical team, and Samui Volunteer Rescue Unit.

On arrival police and rescue workers discovered fifteen year-old Mr. Piyapong Phromchan who had been stabbed several times in his chest and back. The boy died shortly after being rushed to the hospital.

At the same time, some of the officers were called to Laemdin Market after being informed of a shooting. On arrival there they discovered Mr. Manee Sooksri, 26, severely injured from a gunshot at his left hip and right leg he was also sent to the hospital. During their investigation, the officers found that Mr. Manee was the suspect who stabbed Mr. Piyapong to death, he was subsequently taken into custody.

During their inquiries police discovered that before the fight took place, the injured, the deceased, and five of their friends were drinking in a pub in Chaweng. They, then, got into a fight. During the altercation Mr. Piyapong was stabbed. After the stabbing the group of people who killed Mr. Piyapong attempted to escape, but Mr. Manee was shot by one of the deceased’s friends who pursued him. The investigation team examined the security cameras in the area, and identified those who committed the crime as teenagers local to the area, the police are confident they will soon apprehend all of the suspects involved in both the shooting and the stabbing.

National news reports suggest that local people feel that the dawn raid carried out by police and army soldiers last week was less than a success, and that the raid only resulted in the seizure of licensed firearms, leaving many illegal firearms in the hands of local young gangs. They said they had been promised an end to gun crime in Samui but only a few hours later one lay dead and another one wounded.

Stay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.