Many people choose to use the Andaman Club instead of the public sea boarder to do their visa runs in Ranong. The drive from Samui is pretty easy and the air con ferry ride to the private island is a lot more pleasant than the long tail boat ride to the main port, albeit more expensive than finding a good deal with a long tail driver at the public port.
The Samui Times went to the Andaman Club pier immigration to find out what the situation is with boarder bounces at this popular port.
For those who have arrived on holiday in Thailand and got a 30 day visa exemption on arrival, that is to say that have not previously applied for a non b or tourist visa before arrival in the Kingdom and have been granted 30 days stay when they landed by plane, a trip to the Andaman club for an 15 day extension will not be permitted. Anybody who does not have a printed or stamped visa in their passport will not be given passage to the island.
Anybody with a legitimate multiple entry visa will be permitted to travel to the island and receive the amount of days their visa allows them to have on return from the island. For example, if you are in Thailand on a 1 year multiple entry visa that requires you to cross a boarder every 90 days, once your 90 days is up you can travel to the Andaman Club and will be given 90 more days on your return at the Andaman Club Immigration office.
The new sign at the Andaman Club Pier states
- Persons entering into or departing the Kingdom must enter and leave by way of immigration check points, designated landing stations or areas and in accordance to the prescribed. If a person fails to comply, he/she shall be punished by imprisonment not exceeding 2 years and a fine not exceeding 20,000 baht.
- Must have evidence of adequate finance as follows
2.1 For those with transit visa or exemption of visa, he/she must present evidence of adequate finance equal to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family.
2.3 For those with a visa on arrival, he/she must present evidence of adequate finance equally to 10,000 baht per person and 20,000 baht per family.
2.4 For those on a non-immigrant visa, he/she must present evidence of adequate finance equal to 20,000 baht per person and 40,000 per family.
- Shall not engage in the occupation or employment unless authorized. If a person fails to comply, he/she shall be punished by imprisonment not exceeding one years of a fin not exceeding 10,000 baht or both
- Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is a proper reason that he/she cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he/she shall notify the competent official of the change of residence within 24 hours from the time of removing to the said place. If a person fails to comply, he/she shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.
- If travels to any province and will stay there longer than 24 hours, he/she must notify the police official of the police station for that area within 48 hours from the time of arrival. If a person fails to comply he/she will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with additional fine not exceeding 200 baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.
- if says in the Kingdom longer than 90 days, he/she must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division, in writing, concerning his place of stay. It is required to do so every 90 days. If a person fails to comply, he/she will be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 baht and with additional fine not exceeding 200 baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.
It is worth noting that the Samui Times correspondent who traveled to the Andaman Club was not asked for any proof of finance on return to Thailand.
The Andaman Club ferries currently run from the Ranong Thai Boarder to the Andaman Club at
14.00 ( Fri, Sat and Sunday only)
And from the Andaman Club back to Thailand at
14.30 (Fri, Sat and Sunday only)
Ferries after 17.00 are often only reserved for Andaman Club residents.
For information on doing a visa run to the Andaman Club in Ranong click here
For information about the Andaman Club click here to visit their website hereStay updated with Samui Times by following us on Facebook.
Police Squash Major Hat Yai Drug Smuggling Operation
Pattaya Offers 50 Percent Discount To Domestic Tourists
Domestic Airlines Done With Social Distancing
Partial Solar Eclipse Visible Today On Koh Samui
Baby Elephants Electrocuted To Death By Orchard Fence
Russian Busted On Koh Samui For Using Fake Credit Cards
Thailand Is Policing Illegal Border Crossings
Poll Indicates Thais Want New PPRP Party Leader
Thousands Of Thai Workers Approved To Return To Taiwan
Unemployed Teacher Caught With Child Porn
- Regional News11 months ago
Koh Samui. 7-Eleven and Family Mart close overnight.
- Koh Samui News11 months ago
Samui Covid-19 update
- Breaking News11 months ago
Koh Samui’s first Covid-19 case
- Breaking News12 months ago
One dead, two injured after bar shooting in Samui
- Events11 months ago
Koh Samui is going into full lockdown
- Thailand News11 months ago
Bangkok booze ban and postponed holidays
- Regional News11 months ago
National curfew starts today
- Thai Life11 months ago
Thailand’s government officials extend tourist visas